Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pin #105: Mark McGwire #62


This is a pin celebrating Mark McGwire's record breaking 62nd home run.  I remember seeing this pin in a sports store a short time after he hit the home run, and I just had to buy it.  I think I also bought a hat.  This was such a big deal when it happened.  I remember watching the game when he hit the home run and I remember how I excited I was leading up to the moment.  I know many people don't want to acknowledge this moment anymore because of steroids, but I don't really care about that.  It was one of the most exciting baseball seasons in my life and nothing can take that away.  I don't condone steroid use, but I am also not going to vilify an entire era.  I have fond memories of watching baseball during that era, and that's what I will always take with me.  And that's why I proudly display this pin.

No comments:

Post a Comment