Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pin #277: Space Mountain


First, let me say that Space Mountain is my favorite ride at Disneyland.  I can't get enough of it.  I bought this pin during a trip to Disneyland in the late 90s.  I remember because it was right after they renovated Tomorrowland and painted everything, included the Space Mountain dome, a weird chrome and green color.  I didn't like it.  This pin featured the Space Mountain dome that I loved, clean and white.  They have since made it white again.  Now if only they would stop doing that stupid Ghost Galaxy every October.  I have a few more Space Mountain pins as I make it a point to look for any cool ones every time I visit the park.  Also, I find it kind of ironic that this is pin #277.  Space Mountain at Disneyland was the second Space Mountain to open, after Disney World, and opened in 1977.  Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment