Sunday, November 2, 2014

Pin #257: Queen Mary


I remember going to the Queen Mary once, back when the Spruce Goose was still housed down there as well.  I went with my dad.  It was cool to see both of those.  I don't recall if I bought this pin during that trip, but I don't think I did because I don't remember any Russian submarine.  In that case, I'm not sure where I got this pin.  I did want to go back to see the Queen Mary for the 75th anniversary celebration, but I wasn't able to get out there.  As for the pin itself, I like it because you are immediately drawn to the image of the ship and the distinguishable smoke stacks.  It's very iconic.  I almost with the submarine wasn't featured on the bottom though.  But it's small enough that it doesn't detract too much from the rest of the pin.

No comments:

Post a Comment