Monday, June 8, 2015

Pin #440: 2008 NLCS


This pin represents the greatest sports experience of my life.  Now, I've been to a Final Four and I've been to a World Series, but being at Game 4 of the 2008 NLCS is the most memorable game I've ever been to.  I actually went to two games in this series.  In Game 3 the Dodgers beat the Phillies pretty handily so that one wasn't great, but then Game 4 happened.  The Phillies jumped out to an early lead, but the Dodgers battled back and had a 5-3 lead heading into the 8th inning.  After a walk, Shane Victorino smashed a home run into the right field bullpen to tie the game.  A few batters later Matt Stairs stepped up to the plate against Jonathon Broxton with a runner on.  He proceeded to hit one of the furthest balls I've ever seen hit in Dodger Stadium into the right field bleachers giving the Phillies a 7-5 lead.  I still get goosebumps thinking about it.  It was magical and I will never forget that moment.  It was an iconic moment in Phillies history and I was there.  And this pin always reminds me of that so it will always be one of my favorites because of that.  See the ball flying through the air on the pin?  That's Matt Stairs' home run ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment