Friday, February 27, 2015

Pin #357: Bear Country


This pin has one of the most random and fascinating stories as to how I acquired it.  A few years ago a friend of mine came to town and we went around town looking at toy shops and antique stores for old stuff that we could use at the camp we volunteer at.  The theme that year was Decades so we wanted stuff from a bunch of different decades.  We went to this hole in the wall antiques store that was in an industrial part of town.  There was a lot of weird and interesting stuff in there, including a basket of pins by the cash register.  Naturally, I started rifling through all of them and stumbled across this one.  It looked like it was from the same series of pins that my Adventureland and Frontierland pins, which were already featured, were from, and I knew that Critter Country used to be called Bear Country.  It was only 50 cents or something, so I bought it, and it turns out I was right.  How crazy that a Disneyland pin from 1985 ended up in an antiques store in Tucson in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment