Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Pin #313: LA 84 Gas Company


Ok, I'll be honest, this is really one of the strangest pins I have.  At first glance, it is a pin promoting the Gas Company for what I assume is a sponsor for the 1984 LA Olympics.  But after looking closer, some things just seem strange.  The eagle in the pin is actually Sam the Eagle, who was the Olympic mascot that year, not a very original concept.  Why he is wearing a bow tie, I really don't know, but apparently he always wears a bow tie.  In this pin, however, he is not wearing his Olympic outfit, but a gas company uniform.  Again, just strange.  But what really gets me is that he appears to be holding a flame in his left hand.  Either that or it is a really small wizard hat.  Altogether, just a strange pin, and another one that came in the random assortment I got from my parents one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment