Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pin #290: Back to the Future The Ride


I totally remember buying this pin.  When Back to the Future The Ride opened at Universal Studios in the early 90s, it was a really big deal.  Not only was Back to the Future a popular movie, but the ride was advertised as an immersive experience that would take riders through time.  As a fan of the movie and rides, I couldn't wait to try it.  Soon after it opened I went and waited over an hour in line to ride it.  I absolutely loved it!  Over the years, I rode the ride countless times, memorizing the dialogue and learning which level was the best for viewing.  I was really sad when I found out the ride was closing.  I don't like the new Simpsons ride nearly as much.  Anyway, on my first visit after it opened, I found this pin and bought it.  It's a cool looking pin featuring the time traveling DeLorean.  It is a nice reminder of one of my favorite amusement park rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment